Sunday, September 2, 2012

Dead By A Nose

 Yes I decided to play again today! I got the urge after watching Jessica's latest video - and as soon as I entered the world I was greeted by Anya's glycotoxin infection. Why do you have glycotoxin Anya? Try as I might I could not see the cause. I watched for the longest time to see if she was showing interest in anything she shouldn't have been, but she only remained crouching there with a pitiful look on her face staring at me. Akka was there for support and comfort and didn't leave Anya's side.
I was surprised to be slapped in the face by a death icon (that's what it felt like at least) and quickly clicked to transport over to the poor norn. I found Adalhard on the ground in a peaceful death pose, gone after a long and full life, and began the solemn routine of taking notes about his death - when suddenly I noticed the elevator began going up... and taking Adalhard with it! By his nose!!! I could not decide whether to suddenly burst out in laughter or feel horrified for his poor body! Disturbing the dead is wrong. After a couple up's and down's I couldn't figure out why the elevator was doing that, but then realized it was because a poor ignorant norn was riding it and had no idea Adalhard's nose was caught in the door. I can't help but facepalm still... at the memory and at the image in my head of (what if this were real life?) A poor little creature dead with his nose stuck in the door, flopping up and down as the elevator moved, it's just game physics don't allow realistic physics. XD
Anyways, rest in peace Adalhard.
 At the volcano Aldobrando was still just as I remember him, keeping the deathcap seeds under study and trying to figure out a way to eat them, as he has been doing his whole life. Aldobrando stood over them with a worried expression and both paws on his cheeks as he thought to himself how daunting a challenge it was to figure out how to make these things edible! Oh how the norn tribe would benifit if he could! Quirin had just about given up on them long ago, and on Aldobrando, and thought he is a bit crazy for still trying. He decided to look for greener pastures and actual food, while Aldobrando hardly noticed his leaving.
In front of the ettin egg layer Quirin found a patch of mushrooms he had found a few times in the past and had a long dinner. He often went long periods without eating anything as his research on the deathcap mushrooms (with Aldobrando as his partner) had always taken priority.. but now that he has given up pretty much on that, it's time for a well deserved meal!
 I had just left Aldobrando standing over the seeds when I was surprised by his death. I was dearly sad to see him go, he was one of my favorite norns. He has lived a very long life for a norn however and was very old when he passed. I spent a few moments staring at his lifeless body, still looking cute among the seeds he spent his life around. It's such a shame that he couldn't pass on his genetics to a son or daughter. Hopefully now he will be able to meet his son though.

I decided to end my romp down memory lane with goofy little Arvyn here. I was surprised to find him at the top of the volcano playing with this little punchy toy here. I don't know what it's called. I couldn't help but giggle at how goofy he looked with his googly eyeballs bobbing around above his body while the sound of the toy getting hit by him rang out. He provided me with a much needed chuckle before I left the game for the night.






Current norn population: 8

7 comments:

  1. Yay! More blogging! I've rather missed your strange Norns with floating eyeballs :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Arch. I'm flattered anyone would miss me. I'm not as good at blogging as Jessica. :D

      Delete
    2. Nonsense, the more bloggers the better! I can never get enough of peoples' Creature worlds.

      Delete
  2. I was so glad to see this update, Kittie! Your world is one of my favorites to read about: You have such a varied population of Norns, each with their own personalities. Arvyn is still hilarious to look at and read about! I hope he stays around for a very long time with those googly eyes of his!

    Tikara is right: The more bloggers, the better! I've never had a reason not to read your updates. You do a wonderful job of making each post interesting and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Akka is so sweet to stay by Anya's side this whole time. I hope you can find a cure for her soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry to double-post but I just found an incredibly helpful page on Naturing::Nurturing about things that make Creatures sick and ways to cure them:

    http://naturingnurturing.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/creatures-medicine-101-toxins.html

    Try feeding Anya some Peaking Pies or Elixir of Arnica potions and feed her starchy foods such as seeds to protect her liver organ.

    Thanks Amaikokonut. This is invaluable info!

    ReplyDelete