Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fabulous Four Plus Two More

Two new norns arrived today and Shadow here was the first. He arrived in a thick patch of grass beside the bee hive, a great source of food! The first thing he did was crouch down low in the grass though, and I can't help but think of him as a ninja doing this with the name of Shadow. If this sneaky behavior keeps up I'll have to give him the nickname of Ninja shadow. His tiny eyes peerd through the blades of grass at the strange other norns for quite some time before he felt comfortable enough to stand and go look for some food, and maybe introduce himself.
Tsk, tsk, tsk.. poor Wedge here has a problem it looks like. I'm very sorry, I don't know how this happened. My game for some reason doesn't seem to like the sprites assigned to Wedge. He arrived looking very out of sorts with a giant body of some kind I can't quite identify. My guess it's neko ettin or something.. He looks cute anyway, and maybe he'll grow into that giant body of his.

I'm always so happy when I can end a blog post without posting any deaths, but we almost had one today. Java was grazing in the plants, eating the fruits when the alarm went off and in my panel I saw Java must have somehow mistaken a deathcap mushroom for a fruit. She'd gobbled it right up, maybe two I couldn't tell.. then turned to the screen and displayed a face that showed just how sick she suddenly felt. I opened the organ agent to see just how bad her condition was and I watched her liver A organ dropping, dropping and dropping some more.. I wanted to see if she could overcome this herself, but when her liver dropped too low for comfort and into the red (34%) I quickly administered the antidote via the hoverdoc. She is fine now but boy was that scary, I almost lost my queen.
Next order of business today.. the hatching of the egg! Good news for the future of the norn tribe, it's a boy! Unfortunately to my dismay upon the hatching I checked and found the father to be Adairan... as much as I wanted it to be Fabi. Adairan isn't a bad father though, i'm glad to see he's passing on his genes finally after such a long life. I was beginning to wonder if the hetman line would die out. Aengoth hatched into the world with a bright smile on his face and very innocent. He hatched among a lush patch of grass and fruits into a world well equipped to take care of norns. Aengoth is a very lucky norn indeed! He has chichi head, tail and body with tiny legs and arms much like his mother, Java!
 Corran stays by the waterfall at all times with his buddy the Fons. Whenever I go over there to see how they're doing they're always together, walking among the lush vegetation, eating fruits and vegetables.. and ultimately playing with toys. While the rest of the norns are getting into trouble and causing havok these two guys are living the good life, peaceful all by themselves and under the cool, refreshing mist of the waterfall. Their world is filled with the sounds of butterfly wings, bird songs and water.. not the yelling of the other norns, whimpers or slapping sounds heard across the forest! Perfect setting for a bromance! They often take a moment to stop and gaze at the beautiful scenery of the waterfall around them.
Over by the swamp where most of the norns have decided is the best place to be right now Jago has been the victem of lift hijaking again. Whenever this happens I do my best to stop it, split the norns up and pull them away from the lift, but they always return. Well Jago has managed to finally get himself away before he's carried off again, and only stood there, staring at the lift with a horrified look on his face. I feel sorry for him, but don't worry he quickly will get over it and move on.
After a bit of staring at the lift, Jago catiously approached and stepped inside to face his fear. The lift was now abandoned and free of norns so there is nobody to hijak it from him, this time he's in control! He rode the lift up and down with a piece of tomato in hand as a snack for the ride. Eventually his fearful face was replaced by a happy one and he found that lifts aren't that bad after all, its the other norns that you have to watch out for!

Once his fear was overcome his attentions turned to the ever fun toys that I have spread around the forest. Rarely do the norns take interest in the toys, but I had taken the beach ball from the volcano door where it had been and brought it over to Jago. He would hit it, then i'd fetch and bring it back. This continued for a minute or so before I finally let the ball go where it may when hit and this lead to a chase across the swamp! Jago quickly ran after the ball with a big smile and hit it, only to chase after it again when it flew so gracefully through the air!

Jago chased all the way accross the swampy bridge and to the death cap mushroom area by the volcano door!




Finally he reached the ball again as it had come to rest against the volcano door and he quickly hit it a couple more times, taking joy in how it bounced right back to him from off the metal door!




Then he did something very odd.. He turned to face the screen suddenly and promptly fell asleep, without laying down! His pose was frozen in a standing positon. Not sure what makes norns choose this pose instead of the usual laying down one, but it sure is interesting!



Back at norn headquarters!... Our cute little Wedge has joined the two peaceful norns by the waterfall. Wedge was very happily accepted to their little group with open norny arms and he joined them in their fun of eating fruits and playing with the spinny top. I am very happy to say that even though the dreaded deathcap has found its way over to here, the norns are leaving it alone.. and I feel I can trust the fons, Wedge and Corran with not eating it.


Stay tuned till next time!

Current norn population: A healthy 10

No comments:

Post a Comment