Monday, August 8, 2011

A Look At Anarenen's Genetics

I got bored and so decided to open up the genetics compare tool and take a look at the differences Anarenen has since he has been so promonently featured in the last couple of posts. I didn't find very many great differences. Here is what I did find:

Anarenen may be immune to belladonna, though I don't know that i'm right about that because it says "clock rate" and not "injury". This is what the gene looks like:

100 Different in file 1  91   0 Emb B MutDupCut        128   0 Organ# = 5, Organ, Organ, Clock Rate, chem=Belladonna, thresh=255, nom=128, gain=0, features=Inverted Analogue  (0)

 104 Different in file 2  91   0 Emb B MutDupCut        128   0 Organ# = 5, Organ, Organ, Clock Rate, chem=Belladonna, thresh=0, nom=128, gain=255, features=Inverted Analogue  (0)

File 1 is that of Anarenen. The second file, file 2 is that of a normal chichi norn. The main difference that caught my attention here was the "gain" feature. In a normal norn when they catch the dreaded Belladonna sickness their organ, in this case organ 5, gains 255 clock rate. In Anarenen's case he will gain 0 clock rate, no clock rate at all. The problem for me comes with not knowing what "clock rate" is or what is meant by it.

Moving on, Anarenen gains significantly more injury from antigens 4,3 and 2. I also found as far as antigens go that Anarenen gains injury to MORE organs than a normal norn from specifically antigens 3, 4, 5 and 6. That is to say he has extra genes that say these organs will be injured by these antigens, where a normal norn would not have these genes. Organ 5 and 16 will both be injured by antigen 3. Organ 5 will also be injured by antigen 4. Organ 4 will be injured by antigen 5 and 6.

There was also another place where three new genes were introduced to Anarenen. They look like this:

214 New in file 1  44   0 Emb B                    0   0 Organ# = 12, Brain, Brain Lobe 11, Cell 0 - state 0, chem=Libido lowerer, thresh=6, samp=2, gain=13, features=Digital  (0)

 810 New in file 1  44   0 Emb B                  128   0 Organ# = 21, Creature, Sensorimotor, Air quality, chem=Air, thresh=0, samp=21, gain=55, features=Inverted Analogue  (0)

 295 New in file 2  26   0 You B MutDupCut        128   0 Organ# = 17, Creature, Circulatory, Floating receptor/emitter 17, chem=Stress, thresh=128, samp=24, gain=20, features=Digital  (0)


From what I can understand from them the first one says when the chemical "libido lowerer" is sensed he will gain 13 "cell 0 - state 0". What that means i'm not sure, but I know it must affect his libido lowerer somehow. The second one states that when the "air chemical" (or just regular air?) is sensed he will gain 55 "air quality". That is something that is above me, I have no clue what it means, but it might affect the way he breathes. The third one states that when stress is experienced he will gain 20 of receptor/emitter 17. I'm not sure what that receptor/emitter affects, but it means stress will affect him in a way that does not affect an average chichi norn.

One last gene to compare with a normal chichi: A gene affecting coldness. Now remember the first line is Anarenen's gene and the second is that of a normal chichi.

 277 Different in file 1  65   0 Emb B MutDupCut        128   0 Organ# = 16, 0*Coldness + 1*<NONE> => 1*Coldness backup + 1*<NONE>; half-life = 18

 280 Different in file 2  65   0 Emb B MutDupCut        128   0 Organ# = 16, 1*Coldness + 1*<NONE> => 1*Coldness backup + 1*<NONE>; half-life = 18


Unfortunately explaining what this means is beyond me as well. It affects how he feels coldness. 0 coldness produces 1 coldness backup apparently. I read somewhere that a "backup" chemical is something that represses that chemical but that's as far as I got.
One last thing I thought was interesting; Anarenen seems to find the grendel home more comforting than the norn home by far. In fact, i'm not sure if he finds any added comfort from being in the norn home.

Like I said, there weren't that many changes, but I thought this was interesting. Otherwise he seems to be a healthy, average norn. He sure is passing these genetics on to a lot of babies!

5 comments:

  1. Wow..... interesting changes, I'm definitely interested in seeing if anyone can explain what those differences mean. I'm just surprised that there weren't more changes in the genetics that Anarenen & Fabi inherited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! The C3/DS genetics are far more complicated than those in C1. Still, I'm surprised that I semi-understand everything here. Normally, I would be completely lost and ready to curl up into the fetal position. Ha ha! I can't answer much of anything, or add to the discussion. However, I think you've explained these mutations pretty well! I, too, am surprised that there weren't more mutations. I'm glad to see that he doesn't have any seriously negative genes: I'm all too familiar with those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they are complicated. Most of the time I can understand what they're saying because they're pretty obvious. But sometimes, as in this case, there are words I don't understand. Bleh, I'll continue to try and look them up! *heroic pose*"Never give up! Never surrender!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... there might have been some grendel spliced into some of Fabi's very distant ancestors, that could be where the Grendel Home mutation came from. I think I had been trying to get the fascination with eggs bred into the linage but I couldn't remember if I actually had spliced any grendels in or not. All I remember anymore is that I had several different experimental lineages going on at the same time, each one involving different breeds being crossed with the same core lineage. Fabi & his relatives can all trace their lineage back to one specific ancestor named Tue, but I can't remember from which one of the experimental lineages Tue came from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's interesting to think there might be grendel in his DNA. You've got a whole norn genealogy going on there! While most people play creatures for the virtual pet value of the game and others, maybe, for the technical machine building aspect of C3, or the challenge of maintaining certain numbers or generations.. I breed to play with genetics and so I love whenever I hear about them! Thank you for sharing Mea.

    ReplyDelete